Through WCCUSD’s Ivy League Connection program, Hercules High School Students Justine Betschart, Stacy Chan, Ramiah Davis-Shephard, Louisa Man, Julia Maniquiz, and Yueming Wang will be attending Cornell University to either study Freedom and Justice or Hotel Operations Management during the summer of 2009.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Long Day Indeed

I do not think I have stared at a computer screen as long as I have today. Mr. and Mrs. McCarthy devoted just abou the entire day to our group final reports. All day, we have been comprising our analysis, creating charts, and calculating values to include in our final report. By the end of the night, we actually have 24 pages worth of report. Talk about so much paper and so much ink! We tried to print a copy of our report out, but once again, the printer acted up. We planned to take it back to the dorm and proofread it for tomorrow. However, now we are unable to. I really feel like we are hanging on a wire. I am confident in my group, though. Our group efforts, dynamics, and teamwork will definitely carry us to the top.

~Louisa

2 comments:

  1. Louisa,

    Welcome to my world. I have special eyeglasses made so I can see things clearly when sitting in front of my monitor. I even use a 30” monitor and it’s mounted on a hydraulic swivel swing arm so I can be comfortable in front of it. I spend maybe 12-15 hours each day seven days a week in front of my computer so I can really appreciate what you’ve gone through.

    If you think al of this has been fun, try doing it with a cat laying across both of your arms or resting vertically across your chest with his tail wagging across the keyboard. Talk about the typos under those conditions!

    Feeling comfortable with your team is so important, Louisa, as you’ve found out these past three weeks. I’m pleased to read that your own team has been working as a team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post. It showed how during the intense period of studying and preparing your report you were immersed in the struggle.

    Nice read.

    Charles T. Ramsey, Esq.
    School Board Member
    West Contra Costa
    Unified School District

    ReplyDelete