Through WCCUSD’s Ivy League Connection program, Hercules High School Students Justine Betschart, Stacy Chan, Ramiah Davis-Shephard, Louisa Man, Julia Maniquiz, and Yueming Wang will be attending Cornell University to either study Freedom and Justice or Hotel Operations Management during the summer of 2009.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

What style am I?

Try to recount the first blog that I wrote about my first day of class. Okay...it has been three weeks ago, so I'll spare you.

Weeks back, all the students had to take a character/personality quiz, and based on the results, it said that my behavior style was an Analyzer-Stabilizer with Analyzer-Persuader being my secondary behavior style.

Earlier today, the professors explained to the Hotelies the reasoning behind the allocation of each member to a group. For any group to thrive, there must be at least one Analyzer, Stabilizer, Controller, and Persuader. Thus, Mr. McCarthy and Mrs. McCarthy used that idea to come up with the most effective groups.

Through this exercise, I was able to learn a great deal about my character and what kind of a person I had been all along. After watching the video, I was able to pick up some tips about myself (as an Analyzer, of course).
  • I tend to be a protocal-oriented person who is more on the private side.
  • I have more tools than there are available in a toolkit.
  • I like to provide facts, data, and history.
  • My primary thrust is quality, accuracy, and perfection.
  • My strengths include being thorough, comprehensive, and complete.
  • Unlike all the other types of people who "want" integrity, I like to be in integrity.
  • I have high standards for myself (but I avoid showing it on the outside).
  • I bring focus to quality control.

As I said in the previous post, taking this course has allowed me to kill two birds with one stone. If anything, this course is all about getting to know oneself and how well we can contribute as a teammate.

Until tomorrow,
Stacy

1 comment:

  1. Stacy,

    I like your list of attributes. If I was still running projects I’d hire that kind of person in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete